Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Which clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 01:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which clutch?

Okay, I've got a 422 built by ARE and plan on something like a 200-250 shot of N20. I still have the M6 and plan on keeping it as long as possible. The tranny just allows for better streetability IMO. So I currently have a McLeod single disc and it seems to be barely able to hold the power for the motor N/A. Should I upgrade to something like a McLeod dual disc. Am I being unrealistic here? Should I just use a good clutch that will last a year and plan on replacing once a year? i just want a clutch that will hold up to what I throw at it. The current plan is to use 28 inch slicks and shift at say 6800 RPM. Sorry no numbers on the motor yet. Haven't had it dyno'd yet. If I had to take a conservative guess I would say 450 to the rear. With the N20, your talking about some high TQ numbers. So any suggestions are very well appreciated.
Old 04-08-2002, 01:55 AM
Staging Lane

Default Re: Which clutch?

postal- ive read many good things about both the cartek and ram setups. But ive read less about the rams slipping from time to time than the cartek. Also i think if you know what you wanted and from where, a ram setup would be cheaper by piecing it out. IMO. if you havent yet, this thread has some good info and opinions on both setups: https://ls1tech.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ulti...c;f=2;t=001919
Old 04-08-2002, 10:14 AM
Launching!

Default Re: Which clutch?

Thanks for the link GJ.