Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

bleeder access hole post

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 12:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default bleeder access hole post

I tried searching but thought there was a bleeder access hole post but it could have been on old ls1.com.

Some guy drilled thru the floor above the slave to access the bleeder hole from topside in the car.

I did buy a remote bleeder off this board and it looks great but you have to drop the trans to install it. I also dropped my bleeder screw out of my current slave and not a chance can get that bleeder screw back in the salve without dropping the tranny it seems. I do plan on maybe dropping the tranny if change out my current clutch but might just try to get my cartech working for now.
Problem kept having was got clutch to work and then after a day or so it wouldn't go into any gears again. Think it was because of not having slave bleeder screw tight. Then dropped screw as guess went too far its hard tell under there and a real pain to get to..I can't believe gm didn't put the slave external like the lt1 or my dsm cars.what moron put it inside the bellhousing should be shot!!!
I almost feel like cutting a hole right thru the trans tunnel but think a hole thru the floor above it would be better idea.