Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Cartek messed up... help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2002, 02:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cartek messed up... help?

Today i was racing around a little bit going through the gears. I poped the clutch at 40 mph in 2nd and the car went no where but it sounded like it did. It never even kicked sidways, it felt like i didnt even pop the clutch, just kept going the exact same speed. So i tried it agin same thing happened. Then my clutch just went right to the floor. But came back up after about 15 seconds. Then it when into gear really easy for about 2 min. My guess is that all i was doing was spinning my bald tires so hard that i wasnt going anywhere, and I just heated up my clutch. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 04-21-2002, 11:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Cartek messed up... help?

Sounds like more of a slave cylinder issue to me. When's the last time you bled it? Might be time for a good bleeding. (I *believe* it's a 7/16" or 12mm socket, attached to a very thin 1/4" breaker bar, will get you access to the bleed hole that's above the slave cylinder inlet port (it's pretty much a blind hole, unfortunately!). Push in the pedal and hold, open and close the bleeder valve, and make sure you don't run out of fluid in the reservoir.) You should not have to drop the trans or disassemble anything to do this.

-Andrew