Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Will A Lightweight Flywheel work with Stage2 Spec?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 04:37 PM
Tim
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will A Lightweight Flywheel work with Stage2 Spec?

I had a Fidanza FLywheel installed along with my Stage 3 Carbon Clutch about a week ago. THe car was terribly Shakey and almost impossible to drive. SpeedINC who did the install along with myself didnt have a clue as to what was causing this problem. Ironically, somone on here posted that the Lightweight Flywheels with very grabby clutches can make the car shake Violently. they went into the reason why but I frogot. Anyway, After reading this they put a stock flywheell back in and everything was ok again.
Heres my question,
Im switching my stage 3 out for a stage 2 spec Only because I use this car in traffic and the stage 3 is not worth the hassle for me. If Im going to a Stage 2 Spec Will I be able to use My Fidanza Light Weight Flywheel with this clutch without having the shaking problem? Or should I just stick with the Heavy Stock FLywheel? Kind of confusing I know, But any info at all would be great!

<small>[ May 02, 2002, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Tim ]</small>
Old 05-02-2002, 05:01 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: Will A Lightweight Flywheel work with Stage2 Spec?

Not sure why your car is so shakey. I had the same flywheel in my car with a Ram pressure plate and 980 dics without any problems. I put the stock flywheel back in because car would almost stall with a 6000rpm dump on ET drags and I only had a little chatter with both flywheels. No more with one than the other.
Old 05-02-2002, 05:05 PM
Tim
Staging Lane

Default Re: Will A Lightweight Flywheel work with Stage2 Spec?

It was bad enough For Speedinc to say yes we have a problem here. SOmeone Explained why the light FLywheels Will cause a car to shake. It made perfect sense. I just cant find it on here. Im gonna do another search!

Quick Reply: Will A Lightweight Flywheel work with Stage2 Spec?