Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tranny Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 02:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Tranny Issue?

alright here it goes. I have a 98 T/A with 109K mi. on her and its my daily driver. I only have had a few track passes last summer on none this year. So i really dont beat on her. Just yesterday as i was driving i was having a difficult time shifting gears only after i had down shifted. The stick wouldnt go into any of the gear with ease. I had to use more than the usual force to get into gear. When i was at a red light i pressed on the clutch and it felt funny. Felt like something was grinding. I then tried shifting into other gears and had a problem going into all of them. So i take off and still had that problem for a few blocks and it went away and kept driving for about 50-60 miles without a problem. The car was fine this morning. i went for a little 30 mile cruise and didnt have a problem. i got home parked the car and tried to feel for the grinding again. I put it in first and let the car move slowly and there it was again. I had problems getting into the other gear and reverse too.

Does anyone have an idea of what may be wrong with it?

thanks in advance
Old 05-28-2006, 01:53 PM
Staging Lane

TTT...... anyone?
Old 05-28-2006, 09:20 PM
wrencher

Well the first thing I'd look at would be the hydraulics.You where saying the pedal feels funny, that is all important in shifting. If the problem is coming & going that is a real suspect as well.
Still have stock clutch & hydraulics? (master & slave)
Old 05-28-2006, 11:00 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah the stock parts are in there, clutch and the hydraulics. The pedal has a slight grinding feel to it only when its really close to the ground, just a bit over half way down.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Staging Lane

Ttt....
Old 06-02-2006, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

could be a slave, you ever upgrade to the newer hydros? fix this first, then if it is still hard to get into gear, then I would look towards your shift forks.

Quick Reply: Tranny Issue?