Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

HELP Spec clutch install

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 09:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP Spec clutch install

I am having trouble getting the trans back in I have secrched fourms and it dosent seem to line up with the pilot bearing I am hitting the floor pan it looks like I nedd to tilt the back higher but I run out of room before it hitts the floor .

Also it seems as I my have to overcome the PPsprings as they stick out much ferther than the stock one is that true .

In install university they mention leaving out the spring on the TOB could I do that with a SPEC .

I have tryied for a long time to get it in but it wont go I get like maybe 1 1/2 from the bellhousing the splines go into the clutch disk and the pp spring fingers are touching the TOB but that is where I get stuck . Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 06-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Tough Mudder

Keep at it, you will get it in. We had a difficult time getting mine back in too. Try pushing up on the engine too. That seemed to help. Definitely get a friend to help. Attach the transmission mount to the transmission, but not to the undercariage of the car. It helps to have another thing to hold on to and shake. It will go on there. Just keep pushing. Rest for a while, drink a beer, push some more.

Good luck.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:29 PM
12 Second Club

I did my clutch install on a lift with a trans lift but the funny thing is, when the mechanic got ready to put the trans back in he jacked it almost into place and then just picked it up and slid it right in on the first try.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

do I have to overcome the spring pressue
Old 06-09-2006, 07:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If it's not going in correctly, back it out and try again. Just be careful not to force it. You'll know when you have it lined up correctly.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Also the tailshaft is hitting the floor it seems I have to get it up a little more