Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

B&M Ripper

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 01:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default B&M Ripper

I am looking to buy a shifter and have read numerous reviews on the Pro 5.0 but hardly any on the B&M. They say you need to try them out for yourself and see what you like before you buy.( but i dont know anyone with an f-body around me, It shouldnt be too hard though, i live on the east side of houston) Well anyone that has any experience with one or even both please post, this is a really tough decision for me and im just tryin to do my research so i can better...
Old 07-06-2006, 04:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have tried both. I have a 5.0 and tried the ripper in my friends car. Both are great shifters but I like the 5.0 because the 2-3 shift, you cant miss it.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phlip00WS6
I have tried both. I have a 5.0 and tried the ripper in my friends car. Both are great shifters but I like the 5.0 because the 2-3 shift, you cant miss it.
In what ways does the ripper feel different? I know the Pro 5.0 is notchy so is the B&M smoother? And im still not sure what is meant by "notchy". Sorry im a noob when it comes to manuals. Also im guesing that the ripper is less precise? And are the throws about the same distance?
Old 07-06-2006, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

The B&M is alot shorter then stock and shifts really smooth, I had one on my car for over a year. only 2 disadvantages are 1. no 2-3 shift thing that makes it impossible to miss 2. B&M's are 1 piece so you cant put a shorter stick on without cutting it and rethreading it. As with the pro 50 you just take 2 bolts out and put the Short stick in. But it all comes down to a matter of personal preference which one you like better
Old 08-01-2006, 04:45 PM
Teching In

i have a ripper. it's the older style that the handle comes off. so i have the ripper with a UMI short stick. couldn't be happier.

Quick Reply: B&M Ripper