Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Finished my Centerforce

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Finished my Centerforce

Put in my DF 12" yesterday and today...The factory clutch came out with a little struggle and when it finally did I found out that the pilot bushing was shredded and the throwout bearing and slave cylinder were complete FUBAR'd...I also drained the fluid and replaced with brand new D3 fluid...The clutch feels absolutely GREAT...It has absolutely NO chatter at all and it engages at a much lower position than the stock POS did...It has a really light feel on the pedal and I think that it's due to me doing the drill mod...I haven't really gotten too hard into it yet because I'm still breaking it in but I recommend it to anyone that wants a very good quality clutch...I'm impressed...
Old 07-09-2006, 05:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad to hear it. This is the clutch I am considering purchasing. Either this or the Spec 3+. Make sure to keep us updated on how it works out once you get some miles on her (Or at least after break-in so we know how it handles some "spirited" driving).
Old 07-09-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Resident

My centerforce should be in tuesday and we're gonna put it in that night, along with new slave cylinder and throwout bearing. along with the drill mod. can't wait to see/feel the difference.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:14 PM
BDD
On The Tree

Glad to hear everything went well. I will be ordering one tomorrow.

Is the slave cylinder and throwout bearing the same thing? I was just wondering what else I should order.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

I have one also--seems like a great clutch..light pedal which I demand...25,000 miles on this one. BTW..I have had 5 or 6 over the years in different cars..

Last edited by NHRAMAN; 07-09-2006 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The throwout bearing is on the slave cylinder...You are going to need a pilot busing too...I ordered ARP bolts for the Pressure plate and flywheel...Do use loctite on them,...Drove it a little more and it feels just as good and even better...

Quick Reply: Finished my Centerforce