Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What is the problem with my tranny

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 08:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What is the problem with my tranny

I have a quesition about my T-56 tranny. My car is a 01 SS. I had a spec stage 3 clutch in the car and it drove fine. After the new mods the clutch started to slip so I had a Textrillia clutch installed and it grabs great. The problem now is that when I'm going WOT it's hard for me to go from gear to gear. Now under normal driving conditions the car switch gears fine. Even under 3/4 throttle the car switch gears ok. It's only under full throttle that I have the problem of going from 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd etc. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

if you did not use the shim when installing the clutch it might not be disengauging completely. I had the same problem, you need to shim it or get an adj master.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok I don't think it was shimmed when installed. Can I buy the shim? If so where? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:52 AM
Staging Lane

Check with Pete at Textralia, but you shouldn't have to shim the Textralia as you would some other clutches, nor is an adjustable master required. I didn't and the clutch disengages OK. As N3V3RL8T said, it sounds like the clutch just barely isn't entirely disengaging. At higher RPM this problem becomes more apparent. I've had it in the past. It could be a warped pressure plate or a bad master cylinder. Call Pete. He will take care of you if it is a bad part.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

I just put a brand new master cylinder in the car about a month ago and it's still the same problem. IS Textrilla still a sponser on this site? I was told that their web site was done due to someone else using their name or something like that. Does anyone have a good number for Textrillia?