Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

!!clutch Problems Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 06:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me you knowledgeable bastards!!!!

Help me you knowledgeable bastards!!!!

Here's the deal i took my 98 camaro to the track for the first time...i don't know why but my first run 2nd gear and 4th gear grinded...again i dont know why? Then for the rest of the nite 4th gear continued to grind when i raced but when i left driving on the street normally it was fine...On the way home i practiced burnouts cuz i sucked at them at the track... anyway after numerous amounts of burnouts i drove down the road and when i put it in 5th gear the engine jus reved...now my car is DEAD and won't go into gear? Did i blow my clutch doin burnouts? And I have no $$ but want a nice clutch for a resonable price. IF anyone read all of that Thank You and please help...

Last edited by Mikey Crizzle; 07-16-2006 at 07:21 PM.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You blew up your slave cylinder or your master, either way your clutch isnt disengaging and thats why it wont let you in gear anymore.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:41 PM
Staging Lane

Thankz 4 helping...at least givin me a clue.lol how much is a new slave or master cylinder?? What should i go for?
Old 07-16-2006, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

You bastardz!!! Help ME !! Is it the slave or master cyclinder??!! This is an everyday drivin car n i dont have the $$ to take it to the shop...Help a brother out
Old 07-16-2006, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

Look for brake fluid coming out of the bellhousing. If there is your slave is leaking. Look for external leaks from your master. Try bleeding the system and get back to us. Also what condition is the fluid in your master, black like ink? or transclucent yellow?