Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

did the drill mod

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default did the drill mod

cliff notes* it worked awesome! read if you want to see info on what was wrong etc.

I have been reading mixed reviews etc. about the drill mod and had not wanted to do it for fear of having issues and what not. this was my last option before dropping the tranny and sending my rampowergrip HD clutch back to ram with a whopping ~1000 miles on it in a ~335 rwhp car. the car is only driven hard, i do not drive it hardly at all, except to/from the track or to/from races elsewhere.

i've bleed the hell out of the clutch hopin that had been the issues, i dropped the trans took the clutch out and inspected it for glaze marks etc, and it just looked fine which I didnt understand.the clutch would only slip sometimes, which made it frustrating as it might do it on the 1-2, or the 2-3 or the 3-4, or on the 1-2 shift, then not on the 2-3 then on the 3-4 or only on the 2-3 out of 1st through 4th shifts. it just kind of jumped around, and never slipped under normal driving at all, nor even at highway speeds in 5th or 6th gear which is a 'normal' check to see if a clutch is bad.

as a last ditch resort before sendin the clutch in as I have been tryin to fix it so I can do my heads/cam/headers/nitrous I decided to try the drill mod figuring it would only take a few hours. I was wrong on that, but o well.

I had to get a friend to help as I could not fit my arms into the master cyl area well enough to proper install/remove it which really hindered my progress.

anyways.. I did the drill mod, reinstalled it, vacuum bled it via mityvac. I took it out and hammered the hell out of it, and only 1 time suspected clutch slip, but found out it was actually spinning going into 2nd (i have 315 nitto drags, didnt think it would spin).

so overall, it fixed my issues and I'm very happy I did it rather than send the clutch to ram. just wanted to post a POSITIVE about the drill mod showing it did work for me.

I apologize for the long post.. the car has been down for a LONG time with clutch problems. I dont have time to work on it often as I'm deployed or tdy quite often.

Last edited by LordOfChaos; 07-18-2006 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Regular

Cool man Im glad that work'd out for you, now quit bull-shiting and install those h/c bring it to john and tune it and take me for a right already.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Launching!

lol.. i'm gonna start tearin it apart tomorrow after i get out of work
Old 07-17-2006, 11:16 PM
TECH Regular

Sweet , send me a PM when you go get it dyno'd I ride up there with you. By the way you're getting it done at johns place right XXX?
Old 07-18-2006, 11:15 AM
Launching!

aight, will do. yea, havin john dyno it.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:40 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LordOfChaos
1-2, or the 2-3 or the 3-4, or on the 1-2 then not the 2-3 then on the 3-4 or only on the 2-3 out of 1-4.
I had to read that eleventybillion times to figure it out!
Old 07-22-2006, 02:19 PM
Launching!

i tried to fix it a lil.. lol, sorry that its a lil hard to read.