Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Unsure of Problem

Old 08-21-2006, 09:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unsure of Problem

Well I am new to the manual world, really the whole car world as far as repair and troubleshhoting goes. Anyways, I was down at the dream cruise (any MI guys?) and for those who don't know this was a long and all stop and go driving leg that I was stuck in. My car that I got back in Feburary was said to have a newer clutch in it. I have never had any problems with it slipping or engaging only after the pedal is fully released etc. So while in the stop and go it was going fine for miles, then I noticed that my clutch was engaging right as I would ease up on the pedal. This alarmed me, and then a few miles later I found myself with the pedal in the floor and the car still ideling forward (and not a hill)! From there I had no choice but to go father along and prayed nothing broke down on my ***, and then a bit later after I got on it a couple times, it seemed to be ok again. Lastly I forgot to mention that at the peak of the problem when I wouldn't even stop ideling forward when I would let off of the pedal, the pedal would not spring back out fully on its own. Any advice is greatly appreciated and thanks for reading my longer thread!
Old 08-21-2006, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check your hydraulic plumbing. I wager it is routed too close to the exhaust and you were overheating the fluid. It may also be dark. Insulate and flush the system followed by a good bleed and call me in the morning.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I will look into that hopefully by the weekend, I am busy with work stuff for the next few days. As always-any help is greatly appreciated!!

Search this Thread