Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

M6 Trans Removal ?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006 | 05:25 PM
Staging Lane

Default M6 Trans Removal ?????

Could someone please tell me how to disconnect the hydraulic line from the bell housing? I know this is probably a stupid question, but this is the first time I have removed a manual trans. with a hydraulic clutch.

Also, is it better to remove the transmission from the bell housing or remove the trans and bell housing as a whole unit.

I have the transmission bolts that bolt to the bell housing loose, but the transmission does not want to break free from the bell housing.

Thanks in advance for any info!!!!!
Old 10-24-2006 | 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I has a quick release on it just get a wrench thats about the same size and use that to press the quick release in, then pull the line out. If your taking the tranny out you need to disconnect the tranny from the bell housing. Good luck.
Old 10-24-2006 | 05:42 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the help with the hydraulic line. Like I said, I have all the bolts loose from the trans to the bell housing, but it just won't bust free.
Old 10-24-2006 | 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sonic28
Thanks for the help with the hydraulic line. Like I said, I have all the bolts loose from the trans to the bell housing, but it just won't bust free.
try to get something like a puddy knift to run between the two and help seprate any residue....After that it just takes some wiggleing and pulling to break it free from the nipples that hold it on.