Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Engine / Trans removal without bleeding????

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 10:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine / Trans removal without bleeding????

Hey all, I am getting ready to pull my currently bombed engine out of my '98 formula in preperation for my new LME 347 to go in. I was wondering if it is possible to pull the T-56 off the bellhousing and the bellhousing off the motor, but leave the bellhousing on the car and not have to bleed the clutch system afterwards??? I know this sounds odd, but I am planning on cleaning up the tranny and putting a new engine in, but don't want to have to deal with any of the clutch alignment / adjustment or bleeding the system. Any ideas?

Nick
Old 10-28-2006, 12:00 AM
TECH Resident

Am I missing something but would you not have to pull the bellhousing off to put on the new block? Either way you will enjoy that new LME motor for sure!
Old 10-28-2006, 12:03 AM
11 Second Club

The trans can be slightly removed from the bellhousing and you can take the 2 bolts that hold the slave off and remove the slave with the line still attached. I've seen it done a few times but you'll need some help holding up the trans while the bolts are take out.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:24 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the responses guys! Yeah, I realize that I am still going to have to line everything up to the new motor, but I just wanted to keep the hydraulic system intact more than anything. It is kind of a one man show, with my father stoping to help me out from time to time. But I have just been pulling the thing apart for at least a week now, just an hour or so per night. I actually will probably end up going with an LS7 clutch while I am at it anyway, I don't know what kind of condition my SPEC Stage IV is in. Thanks again, I will be posting dyno results and vids as soon as the new engine is in and running!

Nick