Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Clutch issues

Ok so i just replaced a toasted Spec 3 with a centerforce Dual friction. I also replaced the pilot bearing and the throwout bearing. When i got the tranny back in the car and car back on the ground i pressed the petal to start it and it stuck to the floor. I picked it up and pumped it a few times and it didnt' come up right away but didn't stay on the floor. So i jacked the car up and did the bleeding of the system with the bleeder screw quite a few times. Each time the clutch would stick to the floor after i bled the system (as i expected) and it's coming up faster but still feels kinda mushy compared to what it was. I started the car and the clutch engaged RIGHT off the floor. Then it's hard to get into another gear and grinds while trying to put it into second standing still after it's been in first. What do you think the issue could be? I have never had any issues with a pedal sticking to the floor or any hydraulic issues before and now all the sudden it's bad. What do you suggest i try before i pull the damn trans back out and buy a new slave?

Thanks,
William
Old 11-09-2006, 10:57 PM
Sex On Wheels

Seriously any help? Could i have bled it wrong? I had a guy push the pedal a few times then hold it on the floor and opened and closed the system then repeat and make sure the reservoir was full. Let me know if i'm trying to do something wrong.

William
Old 11-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Sex On Wheels

Ok new update since all the 77k members here seem to be stumped by my situation. I try to bleed it and i'm getting a slow drip from underneath near the bellhousing and alot of air bubbles (we're doing the method where you shouldn't have to get under the car, mighty vac). I was thinking at first it was from my attempts at the conventional approach and the fluid that just ran out when using the bleeder underneath. Now i'm not so sure. I bled that son of a bitch for probably 30 minutes and the clutch still sucks. Howe does the slave on this car work is there anything i need to look for when i pull the tranny back out? Who can get me a slave for a decent price and quick?

Thanks,
William