Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

mityvac??

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 01:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mityvac??

i have a mityvac vacuum bleeder... how the hell am i supposed to get the end of the tubeing onto the bleeder valve? i cannot do it.. the fitting that came with it did not fit on there. way to small. what do i do? how do i get it on there.. im so frustrated!
Old 11-11-2006, 12:24 PM
TECH Regular

cmon guys! help!
Old 11-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...lutch+bleeding

Is this what you're trying to do? I think this is the method people are suggesting for the mightyvac use. I'm trying to do it myself and have had no luck but i think it's because my slave is bad. I get to pull the tranny back out soon and buy another slave. I asked questions in my own thread but no one seems to know anything about the manual tranny or just doesn't check this forum. GL and let us know how it turns out.

William
Old 11-12-2006, 04:17 AM
TECH Regular

ya i was thinking mine's bad to. i just pump an pump an no pressure at all.. an then it started leaking from infront of the bellhouseing . so i guess im pulling the tranny tomarrow . this sucks. damn internal slaves! thx man i will let yall know what the deal is hopefullly tomarrow!
Old 11-12-2006, 05:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The writeup in the link will69camaro posted is what I went by when I bled my system with a Mityvac, it worked awesome. The fluid in the bellhousing is just where your bleeding it, it has to go somewhere
Old 11-12-2006, 06:18 PM
11 Second Club

i have a mityvac bit it does not create suction i pushes fluid trough the system. you pressurize the mityvac you press the cluth open the bleader screw and let the vac pressure push out some fluid then you close bleeder and pump up the master cyl. repeat the steps a few times. i had this problem for over a yr untill i discovered that mityvac, and that the pressure plate has to be torqued to specific torqe not untill you cant no more like i was told from my local mechanic. since then no more prolems

Last edited by 6-Speed Terror; 11-12-2006 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:51 PM
TECH Regular

hmm il have to try that tomarrow. i tryed bleeding again with just a wrench today and nothing... same bullshit. car wont go into gear.. an right after i get new fluid into the system an i test it.. the fluid is black right after i try to engage it. i think my slave took a ****.. i dont know much about slaves or masters.. how can i tell if my master is bad?