Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Grinding noises?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 05:14 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grinding noises?

After installing installing my new FLP tanny I kept hearing a grinding noise of sorts when I would let off the gas but only for a few seconds then it would go away. I blew that tranny up within a short distance (just a bad part somewhere).

I installed my new new FLP tran and the noise is still there. But driving it home I played with it a bit and found that it is only when I first give it a tiny bit of gas or when I first let off. After a few seconds it goes away. I tried to throw it in N just to see if it was a wheel or suspension issue but by the time I hit N it has either gone away or subsides imediately. I am not sure if this is doing anything because by the time I let off the gas and throw it in N a few seconds has elapsed and the noise would have quit anyway.

I can't really tell where the noise is coming from but it is either in the middle or towards the rear.

Could it be my rear end? It can't be the trans because it did it with both trannies. Something with my new Spohn TQ Arm?

Ohh, the noise is so loud you can actually kinda feel it grinding.

<small>[ July 25, 2002, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: F8LPONY ]</small>
Old 07-28-2002, 03:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Grinding noises?

That's exactly whats going on w/ my car. And all that I've done was put in a Vigilante 3200. Some shop around here told me it was my exhaust but I'm not sure about that. I'm going to have the shop check out my car next week so I'll let you know what happens.

Quick Reply: Grinding noises?