Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Master cylinder bad?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Master cylinder bad?

Recently, the last few weeks, everytime i go through 1st through 3rd hard, my pedal loses its spring and sticks to the floor. After normal driving for 10 mins or so, it goes back to normal.

The clutch doesnt seem to be slipping, and i dont feel a power loss...is this my master cylinder/slave cylinder?

The car has 51k and master/slave has never been replaced, if that helps.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JaSSon00
Recently, the last few weeks, everytime i go through 1st through 3rd hard, my pedal loses its spring and sticks to the floor. After normal driving for 10 mins or so, it goes back to normal.

The clutch doesnt seem to be slipping, and i dont feel a power loss...is this my master cylinder/slave cylinder?

The car has 51k and master/slave has never been replaced, if that helps.
You can try bleeding the system, insulating the line, doing the drill mod, etc. In the end what cured my problem was getting a new clutch. I had about 36k on my stock clutch with only bolt-ons and had this problem. I replaced the slave with the clutch, and then about 10k later got a Mcleod master cylinder to replace the stock unit. The master had been fine with bolt-ons but it wasn't up to the task with heads/cam.