Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

B&M Shifter install help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 08:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default B&M Shifter install help.

I am about to do a swap for my stock hurst for a B&M Ripper Shifter. But the person I am buying it from said that we might not be able to install the shifter because we need to adjust the stops for a new shifter and adjust the first and researve. He doesn't know how to do it neither do I. If these adjustments are true can someone please guide me to some instructions on how to install the B&M Shifter. I need help fast guys, we're doing the swap tomorrow morning. Thanks everyone!
Old 12-17-2006, 01:03 AM
TECH Regular

8 views and no reply's, come on guys dont jump all at once now. I know someone here has this shifter. Help a brotha out guys!
Old 12-17-2006, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

http://www.bmracing.com/media/products/pdf/31.pdf

not sure if this is the exact shifter but this should help
Old 12-17-2006, 04:25 PM
TECH Regular

Just installed the B&M shifter and to tell you the truth I don't feel that its any of a shorter shift then the hurst shifter that comes in WS6 and SS. The guy I swapped with didn't have the stop screws so we installed it without adjusting the stops. Is that maybe why I am not noticing a shorter shift then the hurst? Need help again guys, thanks!
Old 12-17-2006, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

I have the Pro 5.0 with the stops backed all the way off. The transmission has its own stops. The ones on the shifter are kind of overkill unless you are really slammin' the **** out of your shifter when you change gears.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Cool

put the trans in third gear adjust stop till it hits the shifter then back it out one turn them repeat in fourth....i've broken two shift forks in third with a stock hurst none with b/m ripper and yes i try to break the shifter off when i shift..
Old 12-18-2006, 11:38 AM
TECH Regular

By anychance would you guys know the bolt size for the stop adjust? I'm going to need to go to a local hardware store to get a couple to have my adjusted so I can actually feel a short throw shift hahaha. Cause right now like above said I am going into the stock stops.

Quick Reply: B&M Shifter install help.