Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch issues

i have an 2001 ML 6-speed vette with cam and headers just picked it up last night... i bought it from a dealer so i don't know the specs on the cam i am going to be buying a matched set of ls6 ported heads and a cam out of my buddies t/a that ran 11's all motor

ne way my issue... when you get on the car sometimes especially if you come off the line hard the clutches sticks near the floor and you have to wait a couple seconds and it will return... i dont think the clutch is stock but i cant tell i have to tear this car down over the winter to see whats what...

so what i was wondering is this a hydralic clutch? could it need fluid or just to be bleed(sp) out? or is the slave cylinder going to ****?

I'm a proud vette owner now and i hear that the vette comunity is like no other when it comes to lending a helping hand and some advice so what ever info you all can give me i would be glad to hear it

thanks Ryan
Old 01-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

glad to see that you all are viewing this thread but i would really like some advice...

can someone please help
Old 01-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Launching!

yup, it's definitely a hydraulic clutch system. first thing i would try to do is the cheapest; bleed the whole system out, replacing all of the old fluid with new clean fluid. if that doesn't work, from most of what i've read on here, you might have to change out your clutch & flywheel. good luck with that, i hate clutch problems.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Teching In

Bleed it - If that doesn't work replace the master cylinder or slave
(This is the primary cause of your pedal sticking on the floor)

Do a search on Mity Vac to learn how to bleed your system the easy way - Then you can do a search on Master cylinder and or slave if that doesn't work - There are lots of threads on each of these
Old 01-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by turbologics
Bleed it - If that doesn't work replace the master cylinder or slave
(This is the primary cause of your pedal sticking on the floor)

Do a search on Mity Vac to learn how to bleed your system the easy way - Then you can do a search on Master cylinder and or slave if that doesn't work - There are lots of threads on each of these
thanks both of your... and i like your avatar.. my next twin is a duc or a aprilia mille nura
Old 01-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Stick with the Duc (Nothing else matters)
Old 01-17-2007, 08:41 PM
12 Second Club

I have the same problem, pedal sticks down under hard accel. I do have black crap in the bottom of my master resivoir. I was told to replace the master, i will be doing both master and slave, that way the whole system is redone, cant stand slipping clutch.

Quick Reply: clutch issues