Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help with Raptor install

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Raptor install

Posted this in Stereo & Electronics too, but hoping to get a better response here:

Installed on a 2000 Camaro SS M6. Green wire tapped into the #10 pin on the lower pcm. Red wire tapped into the pink wire on the ASR. Ground to screw under glove box (same as stated on InstallUniversity). Started to car up... and nothing. No flashing, nothing. I checked to make sure I had it on the right cylinder mode for the LS1 (4 cyl mode, down, up, down), and I had it set the opposite (up, down, up) so I switched it.

Started the car back up, and again, nothing.

I'm guessing that for whatever reason, the shift light isn't getting power. the wire taps I bought were for 18-22 gauge wire, and I ran 20 gauge wire from the wire taps to the shift light, connecting them with snap-locks. Is it possible that the taps aren't making a good contact? Should I find a better ground?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 01-28-2007, 11:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may not be making good contact for the power. Just cut it and splice into with a butt connecor or some sodder. Or your ground could be bad. Its a pretty easy install so its gotta be one of those. Good luck. I have the same one and love it.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Has to be either a bad ground or power contact....

Even with the tach signal wire disconnected, it should still do the light sequence when powered up....

Grab your testlight and check the contacts....

Since I mounted mine in the mirror vent, I just tapped onto an accessory fuse for power and got a good ground in the same location

Rick

Quick Reply: Help with Raptor install