Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Weak slave??

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Weak slave??

Installed my OZ700 clutch, which is suppose to be pretty dang strong. I only have bolt ons btw. Well, I did the whole 500 mile break in thing, and didnt abuse my clutch during this period. Engagement is smooth, and about half way up on the pedal. My pedal has never got stuck on the floor either. Anyway, I took it to the track this last weekend on hoosier slicks. And guess what? The Texrailia OZ700 didnt hold the power of my bolt on GTO!!!!!!!!!! WTF????

I dont get it, I tried it twice off 5,000 RPM dump, and it would just slip, so I would let off right away. No clutch smell, and my gears are still smooth as silk. Could I have a bad slave that isnt holding pressure? My car has 27k on the odo. Thanks for any input.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

If the slave was leaking and not holding pressure then the clutch would be engaged all the time. Pressing the clutch pedal, pressurizes the slave, thus disengaging the clutch. It sounds like your clutch is slipping.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:13 PM
TECH Resident

damn that sucks. me and some buddies finally got mine installed and everything seems good. I havent taken it to the track yet but I have done a few hard shifts.

If your slave was bad it would be leaking and you would see some fluid under the bellhousing. Has you clutch engagemnt changed at all over the past few hundred miles?
Old 02-02-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Regular

Just an update guys. My clutch wasn't slipping. My F-body wheels were spinning inside my Hoosier QTP slicks!!!! I bought a screw kit to screw my wheels onto my tires. Then it will be time to Rock N Roll! I guess a manual trans tends to send out more "shock" to the wheels, causing this BS.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:15 PM
TECH Resident

good to hear the clutch is all good. Damn...spining the tires in the rims, crazy.

Quick Reply: Weak slave??