Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

new clutch problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new clutch problems

i just installed a new stock clutch after having a problem with the one that was installed in the summer.. i got it back and noticed that i had to pump it several times to get it in gear(air in the hydraulics) took it back and they bled it several times.. i got it back and it was better but occasionally ihave to pump it several times to put it in gear.. i also noticed the disengagement and engagement points are extremely close to the floor (about 1" off fully depressed)<-- is this normal cause it was never like that before??
thanks!!
Old 02-01-2007, 11:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know the guys with the LS7 clutchs are expericeing low enguagment, but moves up to stock hight after they put some miles on it.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:44 AM
On The Tree

like he said...it might just need to break in some or it might need to be bled again.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Teching In

i replaced the slave when i installed a performance clutch the in the summer.. didnt opt to change it when the performance clutch blew up 3 months later and it was replaced with a stock LS1 clutch... master cylinder is still stock.. and i still have several inches of dead pedal feel, the clutch engages/disengages 1 inch off the floor even after several bleeds and breaking it in for 500 miles.. any help 'cause this is really annoying.
thanks

Quick Reply: new clutch problems