Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

All I need is

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 09:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default All I need is

new blocker rings, synchros a basic rebuild kit.. basically.

For kicks I may get a new 3-4 steel fork

Also I need Billet Keys, because I broke the one right by my 3rd gear, a new 5-6 gear, because I broke it with the puller

any secret to getting 5-6 gear off? Its the only thing I havent taken off yet and it proves exceedingly difficult. any secrets to getting it off the mainshaft?

the instructions said to take off the 5-6 gear, etc. But we went along and took off the countershaft as well as a few shift forks.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:25 AM
11 Second Club

Inertia key
Old 02-22-2007, 07:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Inertial key? You would hav had to fully tear down the box to get the synchro& strut change parts in. That also would require the rear cluster extension to come off. It is best to use a puller that does not load through the 5th speed driven gear teeth if you don't want to break the tips off. May try to re-use the broken gear but it should be replaced.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by calhoon
Inertial key? You would hav had to fully tear down the box to get the synchro& strut change parts in. That also would require the rear cluster extension to come off. It is best to use a puller that does not load through the 5th speed driven gear teeth if you don't want to break the tips off. May try to re-use the broken gear but it should be replaced.
Inertia Key... Its a broken key that is on the 3rd gear..

I need to fully press off all gears to get to synchros and blocker rings, yes.. and I already ordered a new 5th gear, however it was just 1 tooth broken, but still better to replace it.