LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Manual Transmission (https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission-14/)
-   -   LS7 clutch installed!!! (https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/670244-ls7-clutch-installed.html)

BIG_MIKE2005 03-08-2007 08:51 AM

I wouldn't do a lighter flywheel. But its personal choice when it comes to that.

bad6as 03-08-2007 03:50 PM

they do make a lighter flywheel but for around $400 i could not afford it atthe time of the trans rebuild, new hydrolics, the clutch kit and the install or i would have got it

1LoudTA 03-08-2007 04:36 PM

idk i pulled mine out and readjusted the pressure plate because i hated how i couldnt shift fast and how it makes my normal around town shifting harder... definitly think all should be readjusted

bad6as 03-08-2007 05:45 PM

readjusted how?

BIG_MIKE2005 03-09-2007 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by 1LoudTA
idk i pulled mine out and readjusted the pressure plate because i hated how i couldnt shift fast and how it makes my normal around town shifting harder... definitly think all should be readjusted

WTF are you talkin about?? You must have hydrolic issues. Mine has been in for a long while now with over 50 miles a day driven in traffic on it & it has never been hard to shift even at low RPM's. And I'm even on stock 100K mile 99' hydrolics minus a new slave. The extra couple pounds isn't gonna hurt you.

I would never suggest messin with the pressure plate on this clutch kit. It comes already set-up from GM for direct replacement with no modification, shims or adjustment. If your having problems shifting its either the driver or your hydrolics.

Chris81 03-09-2007 06:33 PM

I've got all my stuff in, including the LS7 kit and I love it. It has the typical low engagement but as of now i've only got about 100 miles on it so i'm sure it will get better with some mileage. I actually like the heavier flywheel since I do alot of drag racing, I noticed the difference of the flywheel as soon as I started driving it.. you can tell it has more momentum. I noticed it is smoother at higher rpms as well. I've gotten on mine from a roll a couple of times and it shifts great and holds great, mine just smokes the tires all of 1st and 2nd on street tires, lol.

I also have no other engagement issues, no chatter..etc. It feels like a brand new stock clutch, just tougher..haha

slick1851 03-09-2007 06:55 PM

I just placed a Order!

bad6as 03-09-2007 07:39 PM

i was chirping 4th

LILWS6 03-09-2007 09:16 PM

i just ordered mine today when i got home from work :D we shall see i've heard alot of good about this clutch. I don't do alot of racing but i do go to the track every once and a while and i run my car hard. So far from what i've been hearing it should hold up fone for me

cam 03-09-2007 09:44 PM

I dont have many miles on mine yet as I have few days to get it out as its still snow up here in the Great White North but it feels great and is absolutely butter smooth

SladeX 03-09-2007 09:50 PM

salty dry roads make for easy traction breaks.

I found that it's harder to chirp gears with LCA's installed. I like the added traction and the LS7 has been great for 10k now for me.

02silvaZ 03-10-2007 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by LS1Aggie09
have you guys noticed a difference in rev quickness with the new flywheel as opposed to the stock flywheel?

i love how quick my car revs now but at 93500 on the stock clutch, its due. i have the ls7 clutch and ls2 flywheel sitting in my room with a new slave and t/o bearing but am having second thoughts after thinking about the heavier flywheel making the motor rev a lot slower and losing power.

it does rev a little slower, it is definitely a beefier flywheel