Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

How streetable is faceplating?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 12:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How streetable is faceplating?

Is it something you can adapt to? The extra strength and piece of mind must be worth something.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ramairroughneck
Is it something you can adapt to? The extra strength and piece of mind must be worth something.
you have to double clutch everywhere, since you dont have any synchros. you have to rev match while your downshifting. IMO if your just going to drive it to a show or the track or somthing then yeah, im sure i could adapt, but a no go on a daily driver. my guess is if your making enough power and looking at faceplating as a serious way to pick up a couple tenths then this car wont see the street much anyways.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bww3588
you have to double clutch everywhere, since you dont have any synchros. you have to rev match while your downshifting. IMO if your just going to drive it to a show or the track or somthing then yeah, im sure i could adapt, but a no go on a daily driver. my guess is if your making enough power and looking at faceplating as a serious way to pick up a couple tenths then this car wont see the street much anyways.

I have a FacePlated T-56, and love it. It is not as bad as people say. When I do drive it, it is pretty easy to drive, just takes a little getting used to. But yes, you do have to rev match it to down shift. It does make some noise when shifting, but just takes a little getting used to it. If you are not making a ton of power, I would not do it. At first, it is a little different on the street, but at the track, it is insane!!!!! Alot of street driving will tear it up quicker too. Unless you are trying to squeeze out every little bit from your car at the track, stick with a good rebuild.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

a good 4A rebuild from Six Speed Inc/T56rebuilds.com is plenty sufficient for a 10 second car, 600 RWHP car.

Quick Reply: How streetable is faceplating?