Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Trany and clutch master?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trany and clutch master?

I had my Slave clynder go out on me a month ago when i was starting to shift into second and the trany was completly rebuilt about 4-5k ago dont reamber off the top of my head well i replaced the slave and i know some say that you need to replace the clutch master after a slave install but my question is when i got to shift into second or 3rd it wont allow me to shift into gear it feels like its hitting a brick wall untill i go back under 5500-6k i shift at 6800 but since the trany is completly rebuilt i wouldnt think it was the trany is there a chance that the clutch master is getting some sort of blow by when it being put under higher rpm shifts hopefully this makes since and someone understands
Old 04-15-2007, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would try bleeding the system so more. If there's air in the line it will do just as you described. If bleeding does't solve it then go to a new master. If you did't have this problem before the new slave I would guess that its just air in the line.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not only did i do the bleeding but i had a shop do the bleeding since i thought i was a concern and they dont know what to think them selves