Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 12:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch Question

Ok so im replacing my clutch again, last year i i had my trans rebuildd by T-56rebuilds.com new master and slave cylinder and a spec 3. Now its slipping.So i ordered a new spec clutchand slave cylinder.Before i install the clutch i want to make sure i do everything correct,I have a fidanza aluminum fly,do i need to have it resurfaced? I keep hearing about adding shims to the slave cylinder,there not in the spec clutch i bought where do i buy them do i need them? Also When i rebuild my tranny last year i bought a rem master cylinder and i always had problems with it untill i intalled a mcloud master about 3 months ago.Im not sure exactly what the adjustment is for but i had it all the way up that my clutch would engage as soonas i touched it with my foot, the gears would go in real smooth.But then thats when my clutch started to slip. Was this wrong or was it just time for another? Where sound the lever be at? Thanks,sorry about so many questions...
Old 06-23-2007, 06:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since the McLeod is adjustable, try adjusting it farther down the travel and see if your clutch is still slipping before buying a new one. Myself with the McLeod I have it engage a couple inches off the floor.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Viper
Since the McLeod is adjustable, try adjusting it farther down the travel and see if your clutch is still slipping before buying a new one. Myself with the McLeod I have it engage a couple inches off the floor.
Is that the best position to have the clutch at(couple inches off the floor)
Old 06-26-2007, 09:47 AM
FormerVendor

mc1, The shim is inside the zip-loc bag with the installation and warranty information. It is included in every LS1 kit that we ship. If you really didn't receive one let me know and I am sure that we can send one your way. If you have already had one of our clutches installed then it is likely already in your car. There is no need to install a second metal shim. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!!!

Quick Reply: Clutch Question