Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

need help with vibration on shift knob

Old 07-25-2007, 01:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with vibration on shift ****

I was driving normally on the freeway when all of a sudden my check engine light kept flashing. I pulled over checked my water and oil so I figured everything was good, but then I started noticing that my whole shifter starting vibrating very rapidly, i decided not to drive the car for a fear of making it worse. Has anybody had this problem? And is it related to the transmission mount, because I've been needing to replace it.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like you have a lot bigger problem then the shift **** vibrating, sounds like something broke. Hearing any new and unusual noises?
Old 07-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when the check engine light flashes on gm cars that clearly indicates that there is a missfire! and when this happens you MUST NOT drive the car as you can cause catalatic converter damage, so if you did drive the car make sure your cats are still fine. the missfire is usally caused by a fuel injecter but can also be a coil and few other things, when i had this problem on my brothers car i turned the car off for a few hours and when i started back up surprisgly the injecter cleaned itself out so it worked out fine for me, but go check it out and make sure its fixed asap. goodluck and keep me posted

Search this Thread