Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch grinding?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch grinding?

Hey guys, i have been having the usual problems with my tranny like missing third and the peddle sticking, but the other day i had it out and it started making a lot of noise. It was almost like it was squeaking when going into gears. Shortly after i started noticing the clutch was grinding going into gears like it wasnt fully disengaging. Ive had it put away for the winter and probably wont be able to do anything with it for the winter. Would this be a master cylinder problem, or fluid problem or something else?
Old 12-20-2010, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sadly, this seems to be more of an operator problem. Its good its put away from you for awhile , at least.
The fact that you operated it with a collection of concerns is a statement that this trans will need a full rebuild, the root cause may not matter, ignoring tell-tales ultimately did this unit in. Save up or ask Santa to help you.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry I wasn't very clear. I didn't mean I was having these problems whenever I drove it, it only happens sometimes when I'm WOT going thru the gears. The peddle sticking only happened a few times, mainly after doing burnouts. I know that the stock master cylinder is weak on our cars so I know it needs to be upgraded anyways. The problem with the grinding just happened the day i put it away and I put it away as soon as I noticed there was something wrong.