Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Chipped Clutch Disk

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Chipped Clutch Disk

My ZO6 clutch set just came in and I took it out to look at it. Let me say that it was not packed very well from SDPC, and the clutch disk was moving around. Now there are about five little chips around the outside of the disk where the material is falling off. Can i just pull those pieces off and install it. Or sould i call SDPC and try to get a replacement? Also i have a 98 and I order the 02' Slave but not the MC. Would it be wise to upgrade to the 02' MC?
-Adam
Old 11-25-2002, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Default Re: Chipped Clutch Disk

I just had the same thing happen to me. They said it comes shipped from GM that way. I had them send another disc( which took about a month)it was in better condition, still had some small chips. It looks like it was hitting against the dowel pins on the flywheel.To prevent it they should bolt the assembly together when shipping it. Hope you get it worked out with them. E-mail the internet sales manager Cary Franklin his address is cfranklin@sdpc2000.com
Old 11-26-2002, 06:59 AM
FormerVendor

Default Re: Chipped Clutch Disk

Shouldn't hurt anything unless the facing is actually cracked. The first stock unit we got from GM was the same way. If it has any high spots lightly sand them off.

Quick Reply: Chipped Clutch Disk