Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Shifting problems.. Replaced everything.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I leave it in 1st. Its not heatwrapped (I had it wrapped, and still have it.. but I got pissed off trying to get the master in and ripped it all off)

I've noticed my problem actually goes away if I force it in.. like, if it goes in a gear, any gear, it goes in all of the other ones fine. But once the clutch comes out, its back to square one.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by renxwar
Checked tranny fluid?
fluid is full, 4qts of fresh fluid
Old 08-29-2007, 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by matt3383
Ok these questions may seem random but i was having the same problem with mine till i started doing this.

When you park the car do you leave it in gear? Is it 1st gear? Is your line from the master to the slave heat wrapped?

I was having a issue myself with the 1st gear being hard to get into. For some reason if i leave the car in neutral when i park it, it doesnt do it as much. Now the other thing i noticed is if it is hard to put into gear i just wiggle the stick a little in neutral and then it will pop right in. Just some ideas.
all gears are hard to get into, like i said before, it feels like it is not totally disengaging, i am thinking about this shim idea, i just dont know which one and where to get it from
Old 09-12-2007, 11:42 AM
TECH Resident

Im kinda having the same problem. I put a spec 2+ in with all new hydralics, new dot3 fluid, new tranny fluid, and it just seems like I have to put a little more force than needed to get ti to go into gear. and If im tryin to shift hard or anything once in a while goin into third it almost sounds like it wanted to grind and then pops into gear......
Old 09-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Launching!

I installed a Pro 5.0 shifter yesterday and it seems to throw into gear ALOT easier, but I think thats just because of the extra leverage (-1" Hurst got replaced). I'm going to schedule an apointment to get it looked at by a mechanic, so I'll let you guys know.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:43 AM
TECH Regular

FWIW, I am having the same problems on a fresh T56 build (carbon fiber blocker rings, steel 3-4 shift fork, billet keys, Spec Stage 4, upgraded hydraulics). It seems that if I put it in 3rd and get it to roll a bit, I can then put it in 1st. Only cannot get in 1st when I am at a dead stop in neutral.

Oh, and shim is installed (I think).... I installed a ring in between the release cylinder and clutch that came with the Spec