Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Question?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 07:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Clutch Question?

Ok got another question for ya? I pulled the tranny this weekend to change out my Centerforce Dual friction clutch assembly and noticed I have some issues. First, I am taking the flywheel to be resurfaced as it definitly needs it and second, the clutch was missing 4 friction pads on the pressure plate side? It looks like they completely delaminated and just came off, while the remaining 5 are clean looking with very little wear. Has anyone ever seen this happen before? Also, there was some oil/grease in the bellhousing but I think this was from a leaky pan that was fixed a few weeks ago, as the rear main is bone dry. I am not sure if I am going to tackle the rear main as the motor has less than 20K on this seal and in his infinate wisdom the guy that built my motor switched back to the older style 2 piece rear main seal from GM from the standard one piece in the motor. Could the oil on the clutch cause the delamination issues and what are the signs of a leaky main vs. oil from a leaky pan seal? Also, I can send pics of the Clutch and Flywheel if you need them to see what is going on. Any help please???

Here are a few pics:
Attached Thumbnails Clutch Question?-img025.jpg   Clutch Question?-img024.jpg   Clutch Question?-img026.jpg   Clutch Question?-img027.jpg  

Last edited by DAVE00; 10-29-2007 at 01:07 PM.