Found a nice weighted shift knob

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 12:21 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Found a nice weighted shift ****

The one in flat black is nice:

http://www.twmshiftknobs.com/shiftkn...hiftknobs.html

Before you come to any conclusions about the name, I have used a **** that is similar on my old Integra, made by skunk2. It had a nice shape, plus I filled up my transaxle with Pennzoil Synchromesh (same as the GM stuff) and my shifts were like BUTTER, even though the car had 160k miles. Loved it, you can shift with so much ease, but the look of it kind of bothered me and they don't have a thread pattern for F-bodies.

However that TWM shift **** I want (in flat black, towards the bottom) is expensive as hell! They overcharge for that adjustable lock nut inside of the **** itself (NTIS). Anyone know if they have any current specials, I know right now they have a 10% off special for students, but it still makes it $90+shipping for a **** which is almost twice what I'm willing to spend. Anyone know if theres another weighted **** out there like that? I've tried those ball ***** before, but they're very awkward to hold. With the ball ones I need to grip it, while with the Type-R style **** I just put my palm on top of it and ease it into next gear.

I'm looking for something understated with a shape like the Hurst/SLP **** or the TWM, I don't like those ricey or flashy ones that look like a chicken's beak. if it were leather AND weighted ~440 grams (440 = close to about a lb) and looked sweet, I maybe would spend $100 on it.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:24 AM
Launching!

Mods please move this to appearance and detailing... maybe it will get more responses there? Just figured it would be a functional interior mod....

Another thing thats strange that I wanted to note.... my current shift **** stuck on there like glue, I can spin it but it will spin the shifter stick too. Can anyone link me to a DIY on removing the shifter? All I could find was the one for Corvettes, is it the same?

Last edited by I Go To Costco; 12-05-2007 at 06:41 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A couple of my friends have them on their Honda's and Neon's. Problem is Honda's/Acura's shift like butter to begin with.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:23 AM
TECH Resident

spins the shifter stick too? Your stick is bolted to the shifter assy, each piece has a flat side milled on it so it won't spin, you've got something wrong there lol 100 bucks seems like a lot for a shift **** too.. I had mine custom made with a insignia pin I mailed to them for 25 bucks shipped. i would post a pic up but I'm deployed and have no way to get it on here. sorry
Old 12-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not feeling it....

Quick Reply: Found a nice weighted shift knob