Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Slipping

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 04:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Slipping

I have a problem with my clutch Most people talk about how their pedal would stay down or release slowly . My problem is differnt and Im wondering if the drill mood would help . My clutch only slips when I am shifting at high rpm with my foot to the floor : . And im not talking about power shifting either .It slips going into second and going into third . Slips for a bit then grabs. My clutch never slips at any other time ( low rpm high gear ) . Now my car is a 2002 and has only 4700 miles on it , fluid is good . Could my clutch be shot already ??? I have mods on the car , im making 353 hp and 374 tq at the wheels . Is the clutch just weak and cant handle the extra power and better traction with suspension mods I have , control arms , sub frame , torque arm . I mean my car has the Z06 clutch , it should be able to handle this , shouldnt it ? Well hopefully someone will have a good answer for me . Thanks ,

Rob

Last edited by siggs229; 12-12-2007 at 04:03 AM. Reason: made a mistake
Old 12-12-2007, 06:53 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, do the drill mod. The removal of the restriction should help the clutch hit harder & quicker. Your condition seems to be a bit more extreme, so I don't know if it is the 100% solution.

It's hard to believe that the clutch would be that worn after 4700 miles, but I don't have a lot of faith in the clamping force of OEM clutches.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:30 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah that slip and then feeling it engage should be fixed by the drill mod. I used to notice that all the time on my car during spirited driving. Have not felt it once since I did the drill mod when I replaced all of my hydraulics this past spring. It just hits when you take your foot off the clutch. And I can chirp 3rd again. None of that slowly grabbing feel.