Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Bad Slave???

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 01:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bad Slave???

My clutch bleeding woes continue. I can't get any pedle pressure. I pulled the master and it will barely budge when I try to push it in. Does this mean my slave is shot? The fitting where the braided line goes on has some play side to side. Any help is greatly appreciated. The slave is the updated version and has just over 500 miles on it.
Old 07-05-2003, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Bad Slave???

when you push it in stick a screwdriver on the other end of the braided line that suppose to connect to the slave.just push the screwdriver and press in the middle should see fluid squirt out from it.you have the master comletely out of the car right.
Old 07-05-2003, 01:55 PM
Teching In

Make sure to bench bleed! Save yourself the headaches. It's VERY hard to get ANY pressure with conventional methods. I know at this point it may seem impossible, but I know you'll get it!

BTW, when the slaves go, they will leak all over the place in most cases.
Old 07-05-2003, 02:23 PM
TECH Junkie

I have the master out. If i push in the slave fitting it will push fluid out when the master is pushed. When the fitting isn't pushed in the master is very stiff with lots of pressure. I put a quart of fluid through using 'gravity' bleed method today and still no pressure. If I have pressure without the slave attached and no pressure with it attached doesn't that point toward the slave? I don't remember the slave fitting having any play on it before either.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think the fitting on my slave had any play in it, are you sure you didn't have a leak at the fitting? When you bleed the system the first time there is alot of air in the system I bench bleed mine about 15 times be for I got all the air out and I've had great pedal pressure since I installed it.

Quick Reply: Bad Slave???