Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

transmission gurus

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 07:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default transmission gurus

my clutch is crap and from what i've been told I need an adjustable master cylinder b/c it's engaging at the very top. so my options are RAM and Mcloed but my question is are the LS1 and the LT1 master cylinders the same??? please help need my damn car back on the road, running 100% thanks guys!

Old 07-15-2003, 10:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: transmission gurus

Best adjustable clutch is the Mcleod. Use it myself. I have 200+ 5800 rpm launches on 100 shot of nitrous. the Mcleod single kevlar is still going strong -- knock on wood

David
Old 07-15-2003, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my clutch is crap and from what i've been told I need an adjustable master cylinder b/c it's engaging at the very top. so my options are RAM and Mcloed but my question is are the LS1 and the LT1 master cylinders the same??? please help need my damn car back on the road, running 100% thanks guys!

lt1's have mechanical clutches and ls1's have hydraulic clutches...ls1's have master cylinders, lt1's dont.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:46 PM
11 Second Club

[/quote]

lt1's have mechanical clutches and ls1's have hydraulic clutches...ls1's have master cylinders, lt1's dont.

[/quote]
I don't think that this is true, my car has a master cylinder, i've seen it, it also has a stainless braided line shown in the drill mod page.
Old 07-16-2003, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

weird...cause i have a spare lt1 transmission i picked up at a swap meet a year or so ago, and it came w/ a mechanical throw-out arm. im not up to date w/ lt1's so much, so maybe i am wrong and your right, but this is what i have always been told about lt1's. another reason i think lt1's dont have master cylinders(or not remotely similar to ls1's) is that on thunder racing's website, if u go to the lt1 tranny section, under mcleod, they dont show anything to do w/ a master cylinder, but if u go to the ls1 section, it shows a master cylinder...maybe im wrong , but good luck