Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Durability of a T-56??

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008 | 08:34 AM
Internet Mechanic

Question Durability of a T-56??

I know a decent amount about these trans, ive done a few swaps and I have helped with a tear down and rebuild.

But just in general at some point i'll be making more power. Currently it's 340 rwhp with bolts ons and 12 bolt rear.

I hope with cam and supporting mods maybe making over 400.

I DO NOT powershift. I speed shift, I am quick and I have a good clutch now. Barring me missing a shift or grinding a gear.

When Should I or anyone else be worried about breaking a internal part due to just making good power. An example I would say is the shift fork.

At what power level, given a good driver, good shifting, no power shifting should I be worried about bending or breaking?
Old 02-21-2008 | 08:49 AM
FormerVendor

The biggest key to the durability is keeping the hydraulic working perfectly, it doesn't take long for sloppy hydraulics to destroy a good t56. On the power side 700 whp seems to be the number maybe 850 whp with a viper output. 700whp will last for a long time with a good driver and good hydraulics.
Old 02-21-2008 | 09:14 AM
Internet Mechanic

Thanks!

Thats what I thought.

I just but in a new slave and pilot, no new clutch master but that didnt have a issue, wrapped the line and bleed properly with DOT4 syn fluid.

THe fluid is perfect and drives like a beast so now I feel a lil better lol.

Quick Reply: Durability of a T-56??