Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Spec 5 clutch

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Spec 5 clutch

I've been convinced that with my new setup i'll need this to hold the power.

My question is what are the street manners of this clutch.

I'm going to spend about 95 percent of my time just putting around town and stuff.

I was thinking stage 3+ but was told that a few people with 600+ rwhp it won't last but a month or two.

Opinions or advice?

Thanks
Old 03-10-2008, 05:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A friend of mine has a Stage 4 in his and he doesn't like it all on the street. He has H/C/I and hates the stage 4 for the street. The stage 5 I would imagine will be even worse. Spec does make a twin disc that I have heard very good things about as far as holding power and being very streetable. Might check out their website to get some more info on it or call or pm one of the sponsors on here that sells them. I believe the WS6Store sells the twin disk, but not completely sure.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:09 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Firehawk...based on your output a stage 3+ is going to provide better driving characteristics and life expectency. Stage 5 utilizes a Sintered Iron disc which is a softer material than the Stage 3+ Feramic material. Being softer it will wear faster. In truth a Stage 5 is a "Race" clutch that can be driven on the street but this is not ideal for most folks that spend the majority of their time on the street. That being the case go with the 3+...or your could move up to one of our Super-Twin applications.

Blue...your friends Stage 4 utilizes a rigid 6-puck disc design which is going to be much harsher than a 3+ and will have a quicker release than the 5 (which is still considered a full-faced disc). I just wanted to make sure other readers realizes the relativity of the units to each other. Thanks for the support...the Super-Twin really is an good set-up and you have 4 different disc options too so it can be taylored to each drivers needs.