Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help

I have a rebuilt T56 with steel 3-4 forks and all that good stuff. The tranny and LS7 clutch and the LS2 Pressure plate have about 12k on it. First off I have a rear main seal leak that has to be replaced. It is not to bad what it is leaking making me think that the clutch is wet. Second at WOT Clutch pedal goes to the floor and I can't shift in or out of the gear that it is in for 30 secs to 1min. Sometimes when sitting at a light with the car out of gear and I try to put it in first it is sometimes hard and the clutch pedal feels very light and sometimes the gears grind very little every gear. I have updated 01-02 Hydros with drill mod. Does anyone have any idea??
Old 03-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Teching In

anyone????
Old 03-23-2008, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well it sounds like hydraulic issues, and you will want to address this soon cause you can wind up f'ing up your clutch and tranny,
when it's not giving you problems, how's the pedal travel, feel?
if it's soft, try bleeding it first and see if the problem resolves
otherwise swap out the master, if it's still giving you issues move to slave

it's grinding cause the trow out bearing isn't pushing the pressure plate fingers in enough, which eludes to hydraulic issues, when the pressure plate fingers are depressed and the engine is disengaged the drive shaft is driving the transmission, in order for the synchros and blocker rings to work properly and smoothly that action has to take place, if it's not fully disengaging then the synchro mechanism doesn't work properly and the synchro teeth are ground down (they're softer than the gear teeth that they mesh with and that's the grinding sound you hear), don't drive it hard until you address the problem

the
Old 03-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Great thanks a lot pedal still releases low from the ground but not as low
Old 03-24-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Regular

I would agree. It sounds a lot like hydraulic issues. Bleeding the system, at the very least, is the first place to start.