Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LT1 T56 Bbody problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 12:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 T56 Bbody problem

Did a search, didn't find a definete answer.

I just got my stock motor back in my car and been running it a few days. Well i noticed the other day if i get on it hard in 1st and then go to hit 2nd the clutch gets really soft but it'll make the shift, and if i stay in it to go to 3rd it's even worse but will grind into 3rd, but then it wouldn't go into 4th, had to pump it back up.

It never did this at all with my h/c 355, shifted fine, had a lot of pressure. And it seems to do it worse if lay in it hard in 1st and it spins up pretty fast, it'll make the shift to 2nd but no luck with 3rd. Also i was going like 10 in 2nd gear and went WOT and kept tryin to feel the clutch as the rpms climbed and it seemed to get softer and softer throughout the RPMs. Now i'm sure it's gotta be something with the hydraulics. There was a little bit of debree in my fluid as well, so could this be something a simple fluid change could fix??
Old 04-20-2008, 04:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts

If it is stock F body hydraulics you can try and bleed it. Pump from the slave underneath and have a friend watch for bubbles up top and fill as you bleed.

My $.02 is your hydraulics may need replacing.

BBHP or F2B set up?

stock hydraulics or McLeod?
Old 04-21-2008, 05:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BBHP stock hydraulics. If they do need replacing it shouldn't be no big deal. As much money as i throw at this thing and as many hours as i have working on it, it won't bother me at all, lol.