Old 04-24-2008, 09:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much does the hurst comp run??
Old 04-24-2008, 09:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SladeX
over stock, most short shifters will be an improvement. I found the pro 5.0 a bit on the noisy side. Since I cruise more than I hit the track and have never had an issue hitting 3rd, it wasn't benefitial to me to spend that much. I have a hurst comp pro on there that I got for less than half the cost and a ws6 store short stick.

Seriously though about the "I miss 3rd gear and the pro 5.0 fixes it", you people REALLY need to work on your shift technique. It's not the shifter, it's the person.
Probably true.....

But it never hurts to have an advantage!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

now acouple of my friends are saying i will be happier with the hurst billet shifter instead of the pro 5.0 since its more notchy or something.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Z28LS1camaroguy
now acouple of my friends are saying i will be happier with the hurst billet shifter instead of the pro 5.0 since its more notchy or something.
I haven't ever had the chance to use the Hurst billet, I only had the factory Hurst. The problem I had with both of the factory units was the rubber detents used for sound deadening. Under "hard" shifting, I felt these caused some missed shifts, especially 2-3. With the Pro 5.0, I have never missed a shift, although it is a bit noisier. Now, this may be due to my shifting skills, as mentioned by others, however I have had manuals for many years. Muncie M-21 in my 69' Firebird comes to mind.....hmmmmm.....a speed shifting dream!! Hell, that was 20 years ago!! LOL

Regardless, keep doing your research to get everyone's opinion and then you can make an informed decision. I am sure the Hurst billet is a fine shifter, and I hear great things about the B&M Ripper also.

Good luck!!
Old 04-25-2008, 11:28 AM
12 Second Club

One advantage of the Hurst billet is in the looks dept.
You have the choice of having either the 'old school' chrome Hurst embossed handle/stick with a 'cueball' style ****, or the regular round handle like the Pro 5.0/B&M, etc. with what ever **** will fit on those.

I don't know IF the bolt spacing is the same between the Hurst chrome handle and the Pro 5.0 (in case you wanted the 'old school' look combined with the shifting feel of the Pro 5.0)??

ANYONE know this for sure???