Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 help

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 12:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T56 help

I have just put in a LUK clutch and now my tranny is acting strange. It is when I shift from third to fourth, fourth grinds and fifth is starting to act that way. I cannot downshift from 6th to 5th. Can someone tell me what is going on and how much I am looking at to get it fixed?
Old 05-06-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

contact www.ddperformance.com
Old 05-06-2008, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

Anybody else have any ideas? It is when I try to shift, not when actually driving in the gear.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did the problem just start to occur after the clutch install? If so, it's probably a hydraulic problem and your clutch isn't releasing properly. Did you replace the master?....the slave?....did you bleed the system?

If the problem was there before the clutch install, you're probably in need of a rebuild. If that's the case, nobody will be able to give you anything more than a ballpark figure on cost, as it depends on what parts are worn and needs replaced......could be anywhere from $150 to $700 just for parts, then tack ~$250-300 on for labor if you're not rebuilding it yourself.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:17 PM
11 Second Club

This started before the clutch install, the clutch was still under warrenty so had it replaced to eliminate that possibility. I guess it's looking like a rebuild. I am planning on power adders very soon, so I guess I should have it rebuilt to hold. Is there anything I should demand parts wise to make sure I am not getting ripped?
Old 05-06-2008, 09:07 PM
wrencher

I would really look into the hydraulics. They have to be fuctioning properly to give you a smooth shift it is of paramount importance.
With out it extra wear on the trans & crappy shifts are the result.
How does the pedal feel? Have you ever bled/flushed the clutch fluid? Does it grab at all with the pedal depressed & the RPM brought up?
Does it engage right off the floor or close to it?
I would do the drill mod & bleed it out real good. You might need to put some hydraulic parts in there though.

Quick Reply: T56 help