Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Hesitation while accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 09:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hesitation while accelerating

I have done everything from changing the master cylinder, bleeding the airlines, and even replacing and re-gapping all the spark plugs. When I am in gear and get to about 1800 rpms and roll into the gas to gradually accelerate I can feel it hesitate and go and then hesitate and then go. Meanwhile I am watching my rpms and mph and they seem to be meshing beautifully like they always have. I dont think it is a slipping clutch and it can be apparently in every gear. I have a new spec 3 clutch and slave ready at my disposal but I would like some more opinions than just throwing in a new clutch setup. I currently have an LS7 clutch but i dont know the mileage since I bought the car used. Anyone have any info? I was thinking maybe it's the torque curve of the cam kicking in but I dont know. It doesnt seem to be as apparent when i accelerate quicker and I wouldnt think I would be able to notice it considering I have 3.90 gears. Someone please help!
Old 05-15-2008, 10:06 PM
On The Tree

Kinda sounds like your going lean, do you have access to a WB? You said that it goes in and out, how fast does it go in and out? For a second at a time or a few times a second? How does it sound when this happens? Maybe you got some KR, you should scan that ho and find out.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:42 PM
12 Second Club

Well spark plugs show normal wear. I'm running a Fast 90/90 if that makes a difference, would vacuum have anything to do with this issue? I guess this should be cancelled out as a clutch problem. Oh and to answer your question yes it kinda does it for a sec then goes away then comes back and goes away and it's gone. Why is it only doing it from 1700-2100 Rpms and not higher? It has been tuned but not while it was in my hands. Drove fine for a while and then ever since a launch it has been doin this. Got me fooled!
Old 05-15-2008, 11:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by linegtdt52
Well spark plugs show normal wear. I'm running a Fast 90/90 if that makes a difference, would vacuum have anything to do with this issue? I guess this should be cancelled out as a clutch problem. Oh and to answer your question yes it kinda does it for a sec then goes away then comes back and goes away and it's gone. Why is it only doing it from 1700-2100 Rpms and not higher? It has been tuned but not while it was in my hands. Drove fine for a while and then ever since a launch it has been doin this. Got me fooled!
Does it do it when cold/hot, all the time? "...ever since a launch..." what do you mean by that? It sounds like a tuning issue to me, based on what you have told me so far. I had a similar problem with my OLFA table, when it is cold my computer wouldn't add enough fuel, it would go lean, and do just like you said, act like it didn't have any power. Then if I gave it more gas it would go into a different cell and act right again. I'm not saying that it is definately your OLFA table, but some table isn't calibrated correctly, and it is probably the source of your trouble. I'm guessing that you don't know who tuned it?
Old 05-16-2008, 06:22 AM
12 Second Club

I would believe it was a tuning issue but why would it be fine for 3 months? I launched it out of the hole one day and ever since it hasnt been the same.and it does it regardless of temperature no more either way
Old 05-16-2008, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

You have a point there, why would it all of a sudden just appear. You might want to try resetting your PCM just for ***** and giggles. Maybe try unplugging the MAF and see what happens. Moving this to a different forum might get you some more responses also.

Quick Reply: Hesitation while accelerating