Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

do i got a clutch problem or a trans mount problem?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default do i got a clutch problem or a trans mount problem?

i think i either have a clutch problem or a trans mount problem. the clutch is a spec stage 1 with oem flywheel (installed jan 2008). about a month or 2 ago i installed an auto zone (energy suspension) trans mount. so heres the thing:

on take off from 1st gear, i get extreme amounts of vibration/chatter (clarify the difference) if i try to slip it. if i rev to 1500rpms and let the clutch out, i get some chatter.

when i installed the new trans mount, i didnt use a torque wrech, i just put all the bolts on pretty tight. would that affect anything?

could it be engine mounts possibly?

i know its an aftermarket clutch, but i thought stage 1 slipped like stock. i dont want to keep reving to 1500 to put it into gear because i dont want my clutch to wear out fast, but on the other hand i cant deal with all the chatter/vibration. i plan on swapping my oem mount back in tommorrow to see if the poly material mount; the oem still looks fine. all and any help will be appreciated!!
Old 06-11-2008, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

please!!
Old 06-12-2008, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

bumpp
Old 06-12-2008, 07:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I put my poly trans mount on, I could really feel the engine vibrate through the chassis. You could always throw your stock mount back on to see if that eliminates the vibration.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If your stock mount was so loose that your clutch chatter was being absorbed by it, the new/firm mount may just be highlighting a sticky
clutch.

Something else in your diag, can you tell/see if the new mount is thicker
than the stock one? You may have driveline angle issues that are exasperated by the new mount. Get an angle finder and check the Driveshaft and pinion angles.