Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 09:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Problems

Ok, if I race or get on the throttle hard and bang through gears, when I slow down, the clutch pedal with not leave the floor. I have to lift it up with my foot in order to bring it back up. But, when I'm just normal driving it's fine. Acts normal. No problems. I have no idea what it is. I haven't messed with the hydraulic line or anything. The fluid looks a bit dirty, but thats it. It has the correct amount of fluid in it. Now when it's to the floor there is a little bit of give for the clutch. There is just enough room for the clutch to move so I can shift gears. Any thoughts?
Old 07-28-2008, 09:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Change out the clutch fluid...get a seringe to suck all of the fluid out of the resovour...replace with new fluid...then pump the clutch pedal 25-30 times...now repete the process about 8-10 times untile you have real clear fluid...if you go to the track alot dot it everytime you go to the track...the dirty brake fluid is what is causing your problem...just figure it an routine maintainence for a 6 speed car.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to bleed it.. depending on the tear of your car theres a bleeder vaulve on the trans or under the shifter boot. drop the plug to the bleeder, as you add in more pump the clutch. you will replace the fluid and get rid of all the air in the line.. i had the same prob but it was too late. had to replace the slave