Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

slave and clutch???

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 10:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question slave and clutch???

Can somebody explain why you upgrade to 01-02 slave?also my clutch pedal is now engaing close to floor instead middle where its been for 20k.time for a new1 already?Idon't abuse the car,occasional romp&stomp,nothing crazy. THANKS in advance
Old 09-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Teching In

The hydros in the 98-00 were crap, they were very restricting and shifting under WOT is a bitch. The 01-02 Master and Slave were changed with less restrictions so you can actully shift hard with out grindding the gears.
However with you case when a clutch wears out it either slips or the clutch gets very high off the floor. My guess is that your DOT 3 or 4 might be bad or your master or slave has died. First cheak your clutch fluid and see how dark it is. I try to change my fluid every 5k despite what GM says. Also is this your stock clutch and any power adders?
Old 09-01-2008, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TranzAmMan
The hydros in the 98-00 were crap, they were very restricting and shifting under WOT is a bitch. The 01-02 Master and Slave were changed with less restrictions so you can actully shift hard with out grindding the gears.
However with you case when a clutch wears out it either slips or the clutch gets very high off the floor. My guess is that your DOT 3 or 4 might be bad or your master or slave has died. First cheak your clutch fluid and see how dark it is. I try to change my fluid every 5k despite what GM says. Also is this your stock clutch and any power adders?
fluid is blackish,upgraded clutch{not sure brand},
Old 09-01-2008, 01:40 PM
9 Second Club

I'd start with the simple and cheap stuff first .Change and bleed your fluid in the clutch system and see where that leaves you at before you go investing any money.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by smokeum99ta
I'd start with the simple and cheap stuff first .Change and bleed your fluid in the clutch system and see where that leaves you at before you go investing any money.
I agree, when you change your fluid make sure you use a syringe and get as much of the old fluid out as possible. Then put DOT 3 or 4 and bleed bleed bleed bleed and bleed. Let us know the results.