Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Why not make it bigger?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 10:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Why not make it bigger?

Why not make the clutch reservoir bigger?

So, I drained and refilled my clutch fluid for the first time (38k miles) It was nasty..

After 4 drains and refills I thought to myself...why not make the reservoir bigger...the added volume will help reduce fluid temps and it will be a lot easier to swap out.

?
Old 09-26-2008, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I doubt it would lower fluid temps since its not actually circulating through the system.

As far as making it easier to change, you're just going to have more dirty fluid to change out with a bigger reservoir so it'll just take longer.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 324 Likes on 246 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I agree.. the Fluid pretty much doesn't move. The only benefit I see is that you won't have to re-fill it as much.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which is why there is absolutly no reason that the Corvette Resovoir is bigger? - It might not be much but it is- And why would you think that the fluid doesnt circualte into the system?- Is it just for looks or what

I upped the resivoir on my car- increases the amount of pressure you can use when Mighty Vac bleeding, as well as amount of pressure you can put out and not have the system fall victim to itself ( kill the seals on the slave from the pressure from the master ) - And it makes the fluid changes from the top much easier due to inceased volume. There are some space restraints but its nothing that cant be over come.

Quick Reply: Why not make it bigger?