Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

theft...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 09:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some str8 bullshit..... Just goes to show that anything can happen. I agree with 4banger that it was probably someone who knew... Which sucks cause that means its someone you know or think you can trust.

Around here, I wouldnt think twice about someone jacking something, but it sounds like where your at its a little calmer.

X2 that its someone who KNEW exactly what was there. And for them to have the ***** to take the **** off right in front of your house.

Last time something was took from my car, I sat outside for a week trying to catch the bastard who walked by and rifled through it..

Sorry for your loss man...
Old 11-30-2008, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

oh **** man!! id be out for blood, thats just fucked up, im pissed and it aint even my car
Old 11-30-2008, 01:39 AM
Teching In

Seems like fbody parts are getting stolen like crazy. Didnt a local shop just get robbed? I think they lost a lot of LS1 parts. I read about it on craigslist & I think I also read about it here too. I live in plainfield, which isnt too far away. I was going to post a 10 bolt on craigslist for local pickup, but I'm reconsidering it.. I dont need a stranger to know whats going on in my garage. Good luck to you, I'll keep an eye out.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:10 AM
Banned

yea its crazy! up until acouple years ago here was like a quiet little town and its all gone to ****. people getting robbed at gunpoint, banks getting knocked over people getting shot and ****. its retarded. wish i could afford to move way out in the country where none of this **** happens
Old 11-30-2008, 02:20 AM
Teching In

Quiet like 5+ years ago. I'm seriously considering moving within the year, it seems like this whole area is going to hell now.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:28 AM
Banned

thats the way it seems ive lived in bolingbrook all 23 years of my life and up until the last few years its been amazing. sure the village has grown alot with the mall and such but so many lowlifes have also come in stealing and such that it makes it hard for honest people to want to be here.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:35 AM
Teching In

Tell me about it. Last year I had the passenger side tires on my SS slashed, and the rear above the gas cap stabbed with a knife.. After that incident she stays locked away safely in the garage.

I remember racing in the warehouse area in Bolingbrook in the middle of the night after hanging out at 4 corners in lemot until that got shut down. I'm glad I dont do the street meet thing anymore.

Your right, it sucks for us honest people.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:14 AM
12 Second Club

Damn that sucks man.. Hope you find out who took that ****!!!
Old 11-30-2008, 01:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that I can see the pics (can't at work). Was the car on jack stands with the wheels on it? By the looks of it maybe it wasnt' and thats why it went from jackstands to blocks but maybe they stole the stands.

I have been to bolingbrook, its a nice area but I trust nobody regardless of the area. I left my car outside ONCE and that was because I pretty much needed to to keep from waking my neighbors and parents (cam home to late) and I left it near my neighbors cop car. Now I have my own house and it STAYS in the garage motor or no motor.

Wheels and a hood like that are just way to easy and tempting not to mention if you did the hard part and put it on jack stands.

Never leave anything you don't want stolen in your can even if you can't see it. I have worked in downtwon Indy for 4 years and have seen a lot of people learn this the hard way.

Next time put some junk wheels on it, factory hood or pull the hood, heads and all in your bedroom.
Best bet it to have it in a garage of some sort even a storage place in a "garage" there locked up.

Not bashing you man, just something to remember I hope your insurance company new about the hood and there is something in your policy covering items in the car or you may be screwed. Hope it all works out though.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

They probably scoped out your house for a few days and figured it would be safe. Sorry dude, hopefully that **** is found and returned to you
Old 11-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Banned

nah the car was on the ground i was in the process of putting the wheels on the car when i took the pictures of the hood itself. they must have brought their own jack and cinder blocks cuz the jackstands were in the garage. after the insurance guy looks at it its going in storage. i dotn have any additional coverage but i do have all the documentation on the parts so hopefully that is enough.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow chris i am sorry

Makes me want to go check on my car that is stored in a garage in an undisclosed location
Old 11-30-2008, 04:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish a MothaFu&^$R would come and try to see my ****, cause its insured by non other than Mr. Smith & Mr. Wesson!! and UNDER wriTTEN by GLOCK enterprises!
I have my guys here in this town always patroling by my **** when they see I may not be home! And if im not then EVEn my KIDZ know how to point and squeeze!!

Sorry about your loss Chris but if you catch them or have a STRONG person of "interest" I do some free lance!! Mike knows what I mean!! GOODLUCK
Old 11-30-2008, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

remind me not to mess with zeke.

well maybe as much as i already do
Old 11-30-2008, 05:15 PM
9 Second Club

Unhappy

Horrible, sorry for ur lost....Im thinking maybe this guy name tuner mike did it, he drives a camaro also Just kidding, hopefully the insurance company covers everything.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:37 PM
10 Second Club

That sucks man, whats the deal with all this **** getting stolen recently???
Old 11-30-2008, 07:36 PM
TECH Resident

that sucks, im right on the plainfield/naperville line and things are getting stolen here too. There was a kid that goes to my school that got stabbed bc of a drug issues and died yesterday... this place has gone to hell! anyways i heard of a guy over at plainfield north that had his exhuast stolen out from his car.... needless to say i put a nice little tack weld on some of my bolts.

Ill keep an eye out tho
Old 11-30-2008, 07:52 PM
TECH Addict

On another site I am on he caugh a bunch of guys walking down the street looking into people garages and houses then later looking in their backyards.... Lots of race cars, engines, trailers, are getting stolen also.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'll keep my eyes peeled for you sorry to hear.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Did this car ever get put back together? I am interested to see cause I remember talking to you at world of wheels about this car! And your interesting run in by zero gravity lol.