Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

What to do!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do!?!

So I live in Michigan and go to MSU, and just sold my 1994 firebird formula. I knew I didn't want that car anymore, but I love the ls1 camaros. The problem is this will be my dd including all winter at state and driving an hour home occasionally. Because of this I've been looking at some audi s4s. These are pretty cool, 4wd and twin turbos, but they are very expensive for upkeep and to make any faster. Anyone have any suggestions? Could I really drive a camaro all winter?
Old 06-21-2009, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am actually doing something similar. Here's what you really need to consider.. Will there be days in the winter where you will absolutely NEED to drive somewhere? Unless if you have a job off campus, on days when there is snow on the streets, just leave it parked. If you can park it in a parking garage with multiple levels, it will always have a roof over it's head. Get a set of cheap rims and nice all-season tires for those times when you go home and there's a chance it may snow.

I am not very worried at all since there will be no need for me to drive any where unless I really want to. Aside from going home on the holidays everything else is near by. I'll only be driving on days when the roads are dry and it will have a roof over it's head when it's parked. I can't ask for more.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well to compare a little, my uncle has a 2 door G35 that he drives year round. He runs performance tires in the summer and has an extra set of wheels with blizzak on them. He has no problem driving it what so ever. I don't think I would ever trade my trans am for something like that but I'm look at getting an s4 for my daily driver.

Last edited by 99FBODY; 06-23-2009 at 02:26 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:00 AM
TECH Regular

I am not too far away from you and drive my T/A in the winter. It is important to get a nice pair of winter tires. Blizzaks are my tire of choice. I have have used the same set coming on 7 years now, all on F-Bodies, and I have no once been stuck. Take into account I drive my car all days of the week to work and to class.

Quick Reply: What to do!?!